Hi, I'm Patrick!
Welcome to my Foundations of Japanese Cooking class!
If we haven't met before, I'm the creator of Alldayieat.com and creator of this course.
In my Foundations course, I'll walk you through step by step as we explore a whole range of edible goods. We'll start with a review of essential Japanese condiments and then learn how to make dashi broth.
Dashi broth is a multipurpose broth used for all kinds of dishes ranging from vegetables, to noodles, rice and meats.
We'll build on that knowledge to make several dishes that call for dashi.
We'll then move on to making good Japanese rice and several main courses to pair with rice.
Lastly, we'll finish with learning how to make some of my favorite vegetable sides.
In just 4 weeks, you'll graduate:
- more inspired to cook at home
- more skilled technically in the kitchen
- more educated on Japanese cuisine, language, and culture
- with newly acquired culinary super powers. Powers, that will enable you to recreate authentic Japanese dishes for friends and family (If you can already do it now, more power to you!! Perhaps, you can teach me something too!)
- with the knowledge on how to put together a complete Japanese meal
- and last, with a little more healthy and varied Japanese food in your diet!
Each lesson is self-paced and includes:
- relevant knowledge on ingredients, history, and culture
- important concepts and special techniques as applicable
- explanation for the methodology / steps taken
- an in depth HD video demonstrating the recipe step by step
- a downloadable PDF for each recipe and information covered
- downloadable audio
Lastly, the class also includes:
- a discussion forum both within the course and via a private Facebook group. The intent here is to discuss thoughts, concerns, share recreations, tips etc.
- live broadcasts where we can cook together
- virtual support via email for questions, comments, feedback etc.
So there you go!
No need to go to Japan!
that would be super fun!! wouldn't it!? Yes!! Rhetorical question buddy!!
Sorry enrollment closed on December 7th!
If you're ready to embark on a new culinary adventure, sign up on my waiting list for classes in 2018!
I will be sending out special offers and course updates in the next few weeks!
Praise for this course:
Be the first to review this course.